...your fabric choice....

A custom coat from fabric that you select is an option.

However, please note my requirements for selecting your own fabric instead of my selecting the fabric for you:

  • You will need to buy more fabric than I usually do per coat- as matching or sizing may require more fabric than I have used in the past.
  • I will not work with heavy fabrics such as leathers, vinyls, upholstery, or many home deco fabrics. Some fabrics that are heavy may be suitable- however, most do not lend themselves well to clothing.
  • Only a small discount will apply to using your fabric over a consultation and selection with me- and my purchasing the fabric for you--- it will not substantially reduce the cost of your coat- I cannot vouch for fabrics I have not worked with previously- nor fabric suppliers other than my own.
  • You will need to purchase and ship the fabric to me....this will not deduct from final product shipping costs- and again- the discount to the custom coat price will be minimal- if at all- due to considerations of working with fabric you supply.
For fabrics you can consider:

  • Most, if not all, quilting cotton fabrics. This includes novelty, batik, and panel fabrics- however, CONSULTATION IS MANDATORY before I will agree to make the coat from your choice.
  • Fleece:  Must be pil-resistant fleece, as cheaper fleece will pil (make little fuzzies and wear thin) and may not wash or wear as well.
  • Flannel: Must be 100% cotton, and of the more modern variety.  Vintage flannels are varied in their texture, thickness and wearability.
  • Nylon and sport fabrics: If you can find a sport fabric you prefer (something brand name by the yard such as Cordura, Dupont, or a 200-600 Denier fabric, I am open to discussing this but CONSULTATION IS MANDATORY to ensure I can work with your requested fabric with pleasing results.  
Do note I am in Colorado- home of many outdoors and sporting-good businesses, we are near many mountaineering and professional outdoor sports providers. I can get fabrics such as high-performance fleece, nylon, supplex, and even ballistic fabrics.  However, these are on a 'BID' status- and CONSULTATION IS MANDATORY.

If you want me to match something (doggie booties, your clothing, a company logo or patch) do let me know during initial consultation as fabrics and colors will need to be compared.

That said, I am open to discussing extensive customizations- and look forward to hearing from you. Please use my Etsy.com store, and "Request Custom Item" to open a discussion about your requests.
top